1 Cup Spelt flour
1 Cup Pastry Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup Blond sugar cane
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¾ Cup Soy milk
3 Tablespoons Green tea
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
How to :
-Prepare your cake pan by spreading a little coat of coconut oil in the mold and preheat the oven to 350*F.
1. In a small pot on lower heat simmer the milk with green tea.(10minutes)
2. In a mixing bowl add dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. Stir together.
3. Next, in a separate small mixing bowl combine: water, oil, vanilla. Filter the milk leaving green tea leaves out.(Make sure you still have 3/4 cup of infused green tea milk after simmer. If not add some more plain soy milk). Stir well, all the ingredients together.
4. Now pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry until ingredients are well combined.
5. Add the apple cider quickly stir.
6. Pour the cake batter into the cake pan. Place into oven and cook 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick can be inserted in the middle and it comes out clean.
-After they are out of the oven let cool for 30 minutes before icing them with your favorite vegan icing recipe.
I served the cake pieces with citrus coulis and vanilla sorbet.